CCS Early Learning is a community-based nonprofit organization providing quality child development programs in south-central Alaska since 1971. They serve more than 320 children and their families every year in four locations. UMCC has partnered with the Chugiak site for several years, providing support to economically disadvantaged school families in key ways:
- Christmas gifts and a complete Christmas dinner with a turkey or ham included
- Easter baskets filled with toys, books, crayons, and stuffed animals.
- Back to School Supply Drive providing paper, pencils, scissors, glue, backpacks and other supplies
- Food pantry items are delivered weekly to the school for families to fill their cupboards
Other outreach efforts may include:
- Scholarships to provide siblings in middle and high school with musical instrument and after school sports equipment
- Book Drive for the students who do not have books in their homes
- Distribution of blankets, socks, coats, mittens and clothing to children and parents
Current CCS Needs
- Mac & Cheese
- Pasta Sauce
Donations for CCS are collected at the church, and you can leave donations in the marked wagon in the narthex (just outside the sanctuary).
We hope to find new ways to help the children and their families at CCS as they make progress in their daily lives. Your love, prayers and support are so needed. Thank you, and may God continue to bless all of you.
Visit http://www.ccsalaska.org to learn more about the CCS centers.