The Chugiak/Eagle River Food Pantry provides temporary, emergency food assistance to neighbors in our community. Chugiak/Eagle River churches created and support the Food Pantry, along with private individuals and organizations. The amount and types of food available at the Food Pantry vary greatly, depending entirely upon donations. Eligible neighbors may receive food 1 time per month, for a total of 8 weeks each year.
Be involved by volunteering and/or donating food. Volunteers are needed to stock shelves, break down cardboard boxes, sweep/vacuum floors, clean-up, staff food drives, do bread deliveries, and recycle. To volunteer, contact the Food Pantry at (907) 694-5228.
You can donate food at UMCC by leaving it in the wagon in the Narthex. Monetary donations are also gratefully accepted and can be placed in the offering plate during Sunday services.
The Chugiak/Eagle River Food Pantry is located in the Eagle River Presbyterian Church at 12836 Old Glenn Highway. It is open Mondays and Fridays from 10 am to 1 pm, and on Tuesdays 5:30 - 7:30 pm.
- Meat: Tuna, Spam
- Fruit: Fruit Cocktail (mixed fruits), Pineapple
- Vegetables: Mixed Vegetables, Stewed Tomatoes, Baked Beans
- Soups: Cup of Noodles, Beef Broth
- Pasta & Pasta Mixes: Any Pasta/Rice mix, Rice-A-Roni, Hamburger Helper, Macaroni, Ravioli, Spaghetti and Meatballs, Pasta Roni
- Condiments/Other: Mustard, Catsup/Ketchup, Pickles, Pasta/Spaghetti Sauce
- Personal Care: Tooth Brushes/Paste, Shampoo, Lotions, Bath/Face/Hand Soaps, Toilet Paper
- Other: Laundry Soap, Dish Soap, Quart sized Ziploc Bags, Paper Towels
Volunteers Needed- various times Mon-Fri
Mostly 3 or 4 hour shifts, please call to schedule: (907) 694-5228
If no answer, please leave a clear message with your name and phone number.