The Chugiak/Eagle River Food Pantry provides temporary, emergency food assistance to neighbors in our community. Chugiak/Eagle River churches created and support the Food Pantry, along with private individuals and organizations. The amount and types of food available at the Food Pantry vary greatly, depending entirely upon donations. Eligible neighbors may receive food 1 time per month, for a total of 8 weeks each year.
Be involved by volunteering and/or donating food. Volunteers are needed to stock shelves, break down cardboard boxes, sweep/vacuum floors, clean-up, staff food drives, do bread deliveries, and recycle. To volunteer, contact the Food Pantry at (907) 694-5228.
You can donate food at UMCC by leaving it in the wagon in the Narthex. Monetary donations are also gratefully accepted and can be placed in the offering plate during Sunday services.
The Chugiak/Eagle River Food Pantry is located in the Eagle River Presbyterian Church at 12836 Old Glenn Highway. It is open Mondays and Fridays from 10 am to 1 pm, and on Tuesdays 5:30 - 7:30 pm.
- Meat: Spam, Canned Chicken (small and large), Vienna Sausage/Beanie Wienies
- Tomatoes (paste, stewed, sauce)
- Beans: Refried, Kidney, Baked, Great Northern
- Fruit: Fruit Cocktail (mixed fruits), Mandarin Oranges, Pears, Pineapple, Juices
- Beef Ramen and Cup of Noodles
- Soups: Beef soups, Bean w/Bacon, Chowders, Broths (any soups EXCEPT chicken noodle and Tomato)
- Crunchy Peanut Butter (small & large)
- Personal Care: Tooth Brushes/Paste, Shampoo, Bath/Face/Hand Soaps, Toilet Paper
- Other: Laundry Soap, Dish Soap
Can use large bags: Pinto Beans, Sugar, Brown Rice
Items not needed at this time: Chicken Noodle Soup, Tomato Soup, Peaches, Green Beans, Spaghetti.
Volunteers Needed- various times Mon-Fri